I'm clean

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 15:42:47 -0600

>Just a note here; the only time you really might need a firewall is if you
>keep your computer turned on and connected to the ISP all the time, ( Like
>some people might who have cable modems or DSL) Otherwise, I really don't
>think it's necessary. I don't have it, but I've heard there's a good (free)
>one called Zonealarm. Look for it on the web.

Wrong!  Mine isn't on all the time. I booted up to check my email and make
these replies. Just now, Black Ice beeped to inform me of an attempted TCP
port probe by one of the ever increasing number of upstanding citizens
wandering about testing the locks these days. It just takes a minute.

Zonealarm would be just fine if I could access and configure it once it's
installed. Unfortunately, it doesn't give me that option. Yea, I know how
it's SUPPOSED to work, it just doesn't. Download it and try it for yourself.

Ron N