I'm clean

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 20:47:08 EST

In a message dated 10/28/00 10:50:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
cgregg@cadvision.com writes:

<< Dave,
    My mistake was that I thought my antivirus program was updating weekly,
 when it was just doing a virus scan on a weekly basis.  I have to admit
 that Norton Antivirus is a great program.  I have had people unknowingly
 send the virus back to me, and the program has taken care of it.  The
 problem with this virus is that if you do not have the update, it will not
 let you aquire it.  What will they think of next?  Thanks for the advice
 about the firewall, but I still have the old phone in connection and I
 don't believe it is necessary for me right yet but maybe it is something we
 should all be thinking about.

McCaffey allows updates for free. I do not know about Norton's. It is a good
program as well. As far as the Firewall, it will not allow unwanted
individuals into your system, even if you are online. Even Uncle Sam will be
blocked out. Wouldn't it be great if he could be blocked out of a lot more?

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR
www.davespianoworks.locality.com