Pianodisc vs QRS pianomation

Carol Beigel carolrpt@hotmail.com
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:11:13 EST

I have a preference for the Pianomation system.  The solenoids are very
tough, easy to install, and easy to access after installation should a
repair be necessary. This system also plays Standard MIDI files in both SMF
1 and SMF 0 format.  At the moment, the PianoDisc only plays MIDI 0 format
files.  This is a pain, as most MIDI files found on the internet are in MIDI
1 format, and you must run a conversion program to change each and every
file to MIDI 0 before you can use it on a PianoDisc.

I also like the pedalling on the Pianomation. A sustain pedal solenoid can
be installed, or not.  If not, sustain is achieved by holding down the key.
Really cool!  However, for a grand piano, the sustain is much nicer when ALL
the dampers rise, and this system is easy to install.

The other factor is that I have seldom had a service call to adjust anything
on a Pianomation system.  It is what I recommend to my customers who want a
retrofit.

Carol Beigel, RPT
Greenbelt, Maryland