The official first flaming by Leifsson

Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:36:14 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Brekne" <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: October 27, 2000 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: The official first flaming by Leifsson

> Sorry Kristinn... and other diehards... gotta aggre with Ruth ...at least
to a
> point. Fact is that lots of kids would be better off playing these then
some
> of the ill kept wrecks some folks call pianos.
>
> That being said... its not a "truth" I am too awfully pleased about.
---------------------------------

My sentiments exactly.  I've watched too many potentially talented kids --
older folks as well, come to that -- wither and die on some of those
klunkers, whether they be old klunkers or new klunkers.

Of course, my personal bias is that all students, young or old, should start
on a proper piano.  One that works properly and sounds decent.  Sadly, that
is not reality.

Will every student who starts on a keyboard of some kind ultimately graduate
to a real piano?  No.  But some will.  More than will graduate to a real
piano after having started on some of those klunkers.

Del