"guarantee...?"/another approach

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 18:59:13 EST

Hi Terry:
When I do a "radical" pitch raise, I do what you do-inform the customer of
the difficulty, etc.etc.  In addition to all the usual, I offer a "followup"
tuning that will "most probably" be needed within 45 days.  I offer to do
that tuning for 75% of my first rate.  This makes it clear that you expect to
be paid for each and every tuning and that you are offering a slight discount
on that followup.
On pianos where the pitch raise was in the 25-50 cent area, I offer a
followup tuning within 30 days for 75% of first tuning.  You can make your
followup period anything you want.  Anything past this time (30 or 45 days)
would be charged at regular rate.

Hope this helps-it sure works for me!

Bob Bergantino,RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio