advice on action/hammers

Tue, 31 Oct 2000 21:47:44 +0100

antares wrote:

>        Dear Mr Moffat,
>
>        Thank you for the 'correction'.
>
>      Because I live in a country where the native language is not
>      English, it might be possible that I made an error.
>      After reading your e-mail is obvious that I made an error.
>      I apologize for making that error.
>
>      Mr Antares

Really not such an error Antares. Folks have been arguing over which words
mean what in this connection for eons. While sharing Mr Moffatts basic
concern for standardized terminology, I also understand the reality of
basic comunications problemetikk. Personally I understood your usage
completely.

The posting you contributed was good advice. I might also point out that
"restoration" for museum usage is by no means the same as "restoration" for
someone who fully intends to use an instrument in the home or otherwise.
While we pick at the meaning of words we need to be mindfull of contexts
and situations in order to put language into meaningfull perspective.

my view... grin

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.