alcohol voicing (was: Reactionary curmudgeon)

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 22:15:45 -0400

At 4:04 PM -0700 8/31/00, Susan Kline wrote:
>Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl, I think it is ...) would probably work,
>but I have no idea how concentrated it is, or whether there's
>anything other than alcohol and water in it.

Consider it pre-cut, You can buy 50-50, 70-30, or 91-90 (Alc-H2O)

>I've just started wondering if I could voice through the strings
>with "vodka" (like voicing with the chopstick tool.) I have a few of
>those little plastic bottles which can be sealed by pulling up on
>the long plastic tube coming out the top. It might just be long
>enough to go through the strings, and just touch the strike point of
>the hammers.

I do it all the time but not with those bottles. Get yourself some
polyethylene transfer pipettes from MARKSON LabSales (800-528-5114 or
<http://www.markson.com>). 4 mL squeeze bulb at the top and a 6"
stem. 500 for $18.50. Thanks to Tom McNeil of the VT chapter for this
tip.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter

"I work harder than God. If he'd hired me to do the Creation, I'd
have finshed by Thursday"
     ...........Jenna Elfman in "Keeping the Faith"