educating customers, was Re: Pitch-paying,

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:11:46 EDT

mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< Unfortunately, I own the only piano in
 my clientele that is of good quality, in very good condition, and the owner
 is willing to have whatever work done that is necessary to make it play and
 sound great. Someday, someday, someday......

 Terry Farrell >>

It doesn't have to be that way, Terry. To get all of your client's pianos to
be like yours, you have to educate your customers. Don't be afraid to
recommend work to the pianos. You might be surprised at how much customers
are willing to pay to get their piano to work properly. Most of them won't
ask, because they don't know. When I get done with a tuning, I recommend that
they consider having some additional work done, like cleaning regulating, or
even replacing parts. Sometimes the customer has me do the work right away.
Most ask me to do it the next time.

Willem