Posting Pictures

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 20:18:18 GMT

Ron,

  The problem is that the majority of people are more visually oriented than
aurally.  When they see the piano looking like that, and having no
understanding of quality of the piano as a musical instrument, they get the
unmistakeable message, "the piano is not important."  To quote one pastor
when I told him that the pianos in
his church needed service, "It just says make a joyful NOISE unto the Lord".

Others try to think more wholistically and think both the inside _and_ the
outside are important.

We had been in the Cathedral for about an hour looking at all the wonders,
Murray, Jeff (our apprentice) and I. After I saw it, I found Jeff and said I
wanted to show him something.  We walked around the church, up toward the
piano while I pointed out many beautiful things there, we walked around the
corner and I said, "and
here's the piano!"  He gasped and looked like someone had punched him in the
stomach (or worse).

  We observed tourist propriety and did not touch, so don't know what
internal condition it is in.  I hope it's better than the outside!

  I checked the access to the site and think maybe I left an "s" out at the
end,

  http://communities.msn.com/hofstetterpianos/photoalbums

Diane