Pitch raising on older pianos

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 18:21:30 -0700

What I don't like is my concentration being disturbed by the BANG.  I still
find my heart racing a bit.  No I can't say that I have any idea a
nanosecond in advance that a string is going to break.  Sounds like a vivid
imagination...

David I.

PS.  I use to have a bad habit of immediately removing my tuning lever when
a string broke..."Freudian slip"?...then of course I couldn't see if I was
on the wrong pin.  I have cured that and it usually isn't me that broke the
string.

WIMP!
Take the pain and love it! :)
Adopt a "well, there goes the first one" attitude.
Doug Smith, who lives in San Diego now, once had a customer behind him
while he broke a string... uhm... WHILE A STRING BROKE, I should say.  The
customer didnīt notice anything, until he said exactly that.

But yeah, I feel that way too sometimes when going down the bass.
Doesnīt everybody here recognize that split second feeling that you get a
nanosecond before the string breaks?

Hang in there Clyde!

Kristinn