9' Knabe query

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 11:16:27 EDT

Jon:

I rebuilt a similar piano, as well as a Chickering 9' with a low 5 digit
serial #.  There is no doubt the Chickering was from the twentieth century;
both pianos were the modern designs from their respective manufacturers.
Paul Monachino did not know the answer to my question, and suggested Paul
Emerson or others with long Rochester factory experience.  I wonder whether
Jack Wyatt knows;  I posted the same question about my Chickering last year,
and emailed Jack privately, but he might have missed my post since he was
very under the weather, I learned shortly afterwards.  I would love to find
the number series for these 9' American Piano Company (I think) grands.

Bill Shull, RPT
University of Redlands, La Sierra University, Riverside City College
Loma Linda, CA