Action friction reduction question

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 21:14:29 +0200

Hei der Kristinn..

One thing I personally always make sure and do is to remove a few sample
centers.. usually the tightest I can quickly find, and check to see what the
frig is slowing them down. Can be Vertigrease..:), or plateing thats come off,
graphite or other non appropriate additives, just to plain tight, or even felt
thats stuck to the pins.. This last one I found a couple times... I suspected
someone over juiced the centers with alcohol sometime in the past.. these
bushings had been "glued" in place by some kinda alcohol soluable stuff,,,
harpicks or perhaps even shellack... dont really know..any ways it was really
messy stuff. Removing a pin took like all kinds of felt with it, and I ended up
just replacing the entire set of flanges.

Anyways.. its always good to make sure what the problem really is before
applying a solution.

Good luck !

--
Richard Brekne