North Carolina Convention

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 17:28:45 -0400

Hi Patrick,

North Carolina Regional Convention - Thur. Oct 26, thru Sun. Oct. 29 (2000)
Sheraton Capital Center Hotel, Raleigh, NC.

Classes:

Thursday, all day:  The Component Touchweight Balancing Revolution,  John
Foy, RPT, instructor.

Other classes:

Action And Regulation:

Action Geometry You Can Use -  Nick Gravagne, RPT
Grand Regulation by Aftertouch - Laroy Edwards, RPT

Business:

The Cost of Being in Business - Anthony Pascone, RPT
If You Did Not Earn $60,000 Last Year - Randy Potter, RPT
Making Money in the Dark - Webb Phillips, RPT
Selling Piano Climate Control - DamppChaser

Historic Instruments:

The Evolution of the Piano - Jack Wyatt, RPT
Harpsichord Tuning, Regulating and Repair - John Watson
How to Preserve Historic Pianos - John Watson

Rebuilding:

Add a Foot to Your Piano -- Rescale - Al & Dave Sanderson
Dampers, Damper Assemblies & Damping - Del Fandrich, RPT
Modifying the Piano for Better Sound - Del Fandrich, RPT
Piano Inspection and Service Estimating - John Foy, RPT
Rebuilding the Steinway Action with Steinway Parts: Avoid the Common
Mistakes -
     Nick Gravagne, RPT
Setting Bearing and Notching Bridges - John Hartman, RPT
Voicing the Renner Hammer - Rick Baldassin, RPT

Service and Repair:

Easy Servicing of Verticals - Jack Wyatt, RPT
Hands-on Preparation for the Repair Section -- RPT Exam - (Instructors TBA)
Technicians in the Factory - Stacy Yoak, RPT

Specialty Classes:

Plates & Pins, Scales & Strings - Del Fandrich, RPT
Practical Engineering Concepts - Garland O. Goodwin, RPT
Preparation for the Technical Exam - Michael Carraher, RPT
Preparing for the RPT Written Test - Garland O. Goodwin, RPT
Steinway Patents and History - John Patton

Teacher and Student Outreach:

A Piano Owner's Guide to Peak Performance - Evelyn Smith, RPT

Tuning:

Advanced Reyburn CyberTuner Techniques - Dean Reyburn, RPT and Dave
      Lamoreaux, RPT
Aural Checks for Electronic Tuners - Randy Potter, RPT
Musical Checks for Musical Tuning - Karen Hudson-Brown
The Sound of Your Tuning - Don Mannino, RPT
Taming the Wild Spinet with the SATIII - Al Sanderson, RPT

(Please forgive me if I've misspelled a word or a name, or left off any of
the appropriate letters after a name.  Any errors or omissions are not
intentional.)

That's the list as I have it.  I'm not ambitious enough to type out all of
the class descriptions for you as well.  To my eye, it looks like a great
lineup of classes, and I really would like to attend.  Hope the above gives
you just a little hint of what's planned.  If you just can't stand it, and
you need to know what some of the course descriptions are, ask.  I'll see
what I can do to send along a description, time and energy permitting.

Best wishes,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net