Absolute pitch again.

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 00:50:22 -0500

> >I hear the difference between keys in equal temperament.  I know all
about

> >tuning (being a tuner of course) and I can't really explain the what or
> why
> >of it.
> >
> >Stan had it right.  There are many forms, levels, and qualities of pitch
> >memory.
> >
> >Andrew

I don't care to have pefect pitch or absolute pitch, just pitch recognition.
I envy so much those who can tell what note is being played, or what the key
is being played in.    Is there any way to practice for this?  I can carry a
tune and match pitch.  But my pitch memory does not last more than two
minutes.  I just tried to remember C5  using Joy to the World.  When I tried
it two minutes later I started in C#.   Any hope or help for me?  ---ric
ps I grew up learning to play on a piano tuned a half step.   I had 3 years
in HS chorus.