CA glue

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Sun, 03 Sep 2000 22:41:55 -0700

> > >  He did say however that heat will definitely weaken a CA
> > > joint which has already been made.
> >
> > Ah, velly intellestink.
> >
> > But how _much_ heat are we talking about and how weak?
> >
> > Newton

Well, suppose one were to make a few joints with CA and odd
scraps of wood ... then crank up the oven, and see? Dry and wet
heat, too ... Also, CA joints vary according to whether the
accelerator was used or not, and according to the relative
humidity, and the pH of the materials, and whether or not the
materials are organic. (The closer the resemblance to fingers and
eyelids, the better it bonds.)

Experiments -- has anyone done them? (Lots of fun, just waiting ...)

Susan