Debussy pedal

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 22:31:03 -0400

Tom Cole said:

> This kind of pedaling requires that all the dampers pick up at exactly
> the same time.

you ain't kidding..I have a customer with a Hamburg A that wore me out with
her insistance that she be able to 1/2 pedal..the dampers on the tenor side
of the first break on that piano(the notes secape me right now) were the
biggest problem for me..they weren't lifting straight up and she could hear
the difference..this is when I was alot more green with Grand Dampers than I
am now...not that I'm alot better now with them!..but you get the idea..

Rook