Tuning Time

Maxpiano@AOL.COM Maxpiano@AOL.COM
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 07:09:19 EDT

In a message dated 9/6/00 11:57:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-pianotech-digest@ptg.org writes:

<< I know you can only do so much
 with old/worn-out/low quality pianos, but why can't I do a lousy job on
 these in the same amount of time it takes me to do a good job on a decent
 piano. >>

Discipline, Terry, Discipline!  Force yourself to go on through in a
specified time like the hour and a quarter you name.   Worn out Betsy Ross or
Aeolian spinet won't sound any better after two hours of your precious time.
In fact, the Lesters I tune on a regular basis stay so well in tune after a
year, that I am often finished in under an hour!