Tuning business for sale.

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Thu, 07 Sep 2000 07:32:20 -0400

At 12:03 AM 09/07/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>I am relocating and looking for a technician to care for my clients.
>The business is located 60 miles southwest of Pittsburgh, Pa. in
>Wheeling WV. I have operated this business for 21 years and
>currently have about 750 customers.  The client list is a fully
>maintained repeat customer database on Symantec Act 3.07  Many
>customer tunings are on 6 month or 1 year intervals. Others are will
>call customers.  There is potential for further growth.  Just make the
>  phone calls and reap the results.  Price: $16,000.00.  Alternative
>methods
>of sale will be entertained.  Financing is possible. Target date is
>October 1, 2000.
>  Inquire at JPhillip7@juno.com or call 304-547-0717
>
>-James P. Duggan  RPT

That's $21.33 per each prospective customer (in advance) with no
guarantee of income. Moving and setup costs are enough of a burden
without this steep debt.

Perhaps a more attractive offer would be a commission basis where
each referred customer returns a fee to you. This would save some
advertising costs for a new tuner and is a quick start for their business.
Depending on the going rate in your area, $21. may be a large percentage
for a starting tech. Taxes take enough of a gouge without someone else in
your pocket. If no one takes your offer and moves into the area, your customers
may find them anyway; if would cost them less than $16K to become established.

Personally I would happily supply my list of customers to another tuner
as a customer service.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.