Tuning Time

RustRazor@AOL.COM RustRazor@AOL.COM
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:43:08 EDT

Terry,

Do you use an ETD?  I use the SAT II and my tuning time is generally under an
hour, especially for small pianos.  After I tune the strip-muted center
strings, I check all the intervals by ear and, although I usually have to
make some adjustments here and there, the SAT comes up with a temperment
that's pretty close and easy to fix.  When I'm finished tuning, the piano
sounds as though it was tuned by ear, but in less time and less STRESS.  If
you're tuning by ear you may find that the investment will pay for itself in
short time.

Matt Wynne, NY