Pitch Raise Sequence

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 11:34:14 -0400

Ron wrote:
> Working from the bass up, by the time you get
> to the treble, you may be pulling them up from farther down, but the
> required over pull is much less since the plate is already considerably
> compressed by the time you get there.

Hmmmm. This is not my observation. The SAT recommended overpulls of 25% in
tenor and 33% in treble generally work well for me. That would suggest more
overpull in treble (larger pitch correction plus larger overpull).  :-)

Maybe the best sequence would be treble first, bass next, and tenor last.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com