Pitch Raise Sequence

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 09 Sep 2000 11:38:15 -0500

>Hmmmm. This is not my observation. The SAT recommended overpulls of 25% in
>tenor and 33% in treble generally work well for me. That would suggest more
>overpull in treble (larger pitch correction plus larger overpull).  :-)

Hmmmm again. I guess I really don't know what the actual overpull is in the
treble doing it aurally. All I have to go on is overpull relative to what
I've already overpulled an octave down, so I don't have numbers. The aural
process requires a progressive lessening of overpull (relative to an octave
down) as you go up the treble, ending with a very nearly pure octave at 88.
OK, I have a question. If you SAT pitch raise from the bass to treble,
tuning unisons as you go, why would you have any overpull at all at 88,
since the rest of the piano should be all nicely compressed and at pitch
and that last unison shouldn't knock the adjacent notes down appreciably?
Doesn't compute, unless I'm not understanding how the overpull estimate is
stated.

Ron N