re pitch raising

Robin Stevens pianotun@globalfreeway.com.au
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 08:27:32 +0930

List.
After reading my post on pitch raising I must add this caveat.

1. I have come across hundreds of pianos THAT SHOULD HAVE been retuned to
the proper pitch by past tuners but instead they give the customer all the
reasons in the world why the piano cannot be tuned to pitch.(strings
breaking. instability etc,)

2.These pianos that are continually being TUNED TO THE PITCH THE TUNER FINDS
IT, end up being VERY POOR sounding pianos and not much use to a family
with children learning other instruments....

So in closing I say to the tuners that don't raise the pitch of a piano...
(to the accepted standard A440 ).. WHEN IT SHOULD BE DONE....(SHAME)

Robin (Aussie)
P.S.... I bet that some some bright spark will reply and say that A415 is
okay..... Hmmmm!!!