LHSBAND

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 20:40:26 -0400

>Greetings List,
>     I've been, I guess ... irritated by this LHSBAND guy who seems to be
>afraid to sign his posts with a full name.

While list regulars are well aware that we like to know "real names"
the use of pseudonyms has been a part of online culture since the
dawn of the internet (and especially ISPs like aol or Compuserve). I
don't recall whether or not Andy's "welcome" message instructs
newcomers to leave their  "handles" at the cloakroom before entering,
and to present a birth certificate on demand.
Your response to LHSBAND's anonymity was a bit hostile, and he might
have decided to spend his time elsewhere.

Peace,
Patrick