business cards

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 17:33:03 -0500

I ran into a couple of interesting business cards this past week.

The first one is pretty normal and plain except for the advertised group
affiliation, which is a bit of a mystery to me. It says he's a member of
the "Accredited Piano Tuners and Technicians of America". This one's new to
me, as far as I can recall. Does it ring any bells with anyone? The tuning
date on the card is 5-24-84, so it's only relatively ancient history.

The second one is a bit more interesting. It's about 15% oversize of a
modern card, and made from stock that's easily twice as thick, and stiff as
veneer. It announces in large bold type,

PIANO TUNING

With the Electronic
STROBOCONN

TUNES EVERY NOTE PERFECT
ALL WORK GUARANTEED

This is followed by the name of the music company he apparently worked for,
and his name, address, etc. The tuning date was June-6-58. I had no idea
whatsoever that there was such a thing as a STROBOCONN when I was ten. <G>

Ron N