temperament interval widths

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:08:54 GMT

Thanks to both Robs for the needed info!

What I've been finding is that using a graph of major thirds to preview a
temperament gives a pretty good indication of how it will play.  But...
there are sometimes that a chord that 'should' have more energy will sound
smoother than it should.  Hmmmmm... So I'm trying to check ratios and
differences between width and beat rates of the M3, m3 and P5 relationships
in the triad, to see if I can link that to cents offsets.

So far my guess is the equal-beating phenom. that Bill Bremmer has used in
his tunings.

More later!

Ron Koval
Chicago