business cards

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:31:32 -0500

>Carol!  Never used a washboard, Huh?  And did you use a solar dryer?
>(clothes line)  Maybe you're not THAT old.  It would be interesting if
>everyone signed their name along with their age.
>
>Carl Meyer (pushing 70 from the wrong direction)

Carl,
We can let the signature file take care of signing our names, since it
stays the same except for the odd traumatic moments involving marriage,
divorce, appending of letters (usually in groups of three - why is that?),
or participation in the witless protection program. Our ages, however, keep
changing on us, and seem to get harder to remember as the numbers get
bigger. That's why there are so many 39 year olds out there. It's easier
that way.

I remember when kids used to play outside, dig holes and climb trees.
Hardly anyone I knew as a kid had a police record, was in therapy, was on
drugs, or couldn't ride a stock Western Flyer at high speed over terrain
that would kill most mules outright. I remember car alarms that barked,
snow that was white, swamp coolers, tap water that tasted good, US Keds,
safe Trick or Treating, and the creature in the closet that made drooling
noises after the lights were out. The creature always turned out to be the
cocker spaniel snoring, but the effect was interesting for a while.

52 going on 14. The body may fall apart, but if I can stay 39 years behind
my age, I can put off growing up for a long time yet.

Ron N