reflections (mushy)

Atewaza@AOL.COM Atewaza@AOL.COM
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:45:21 EDT

Terry,
This is my first response after "lurking" on the List for several months.  As
a novice at all things related to piano tech work I want to thank all of you
on-line "teachers"!  (including Kristinn, "king of the microwave"!)
Just wanted to add my comments to yours regarding the book "Notes of a Piano
Tuner".
I went looking for it after hearing Garrison Keillor read an excerpt from it
on MN Public Radio a couple of years ago, and like you, read it straight
through. This was at a time in my life when I was trying to decide if I
should just 'hunker down' and stay in my nursing job, or follow this dream I
had of learning piano work.  I had already made plans to drive down to
Arkansas for a vacation and had arranged with Kent Webb to visit the Baldwin
factories, so I phoned Denele and asked if I could meet her while I was
there.  We ended up spending a few hours together one afternoon while she did
a couple of tunings out in the beautiful hills of NW Arkansas.  What a treat!
  If you're reading this Denele, thanks again for the time and encouragement!

I look forward to reading the posts to this List - thanks again to all of you!

Meredith Pritchard, associate
Rochester, MN