Butterfly

David Streit streit_david@hotmail.com
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 09:20:34 -0700

Martin, since nobody else has said it, expect to take just about the whole
lid apart just to get at the tuning pins.
Depending on the way it's built, there are a multitude of little screws that
put it together.

I refinished and restrung one from a picture perfect old plantation home in
Georgia where the house was full of actual working antiques.  The lady had
more money than she knew what to do with, she even had buffalo.  Pipes broke
upstairs and leaked down on the piano.

The case was a beautiful burled walnut with really tight grain, but I wasn't
impressed with the piano, just like the rest of the guys mentioned on the
list.  It had no side to it, completely moon shaped, the flat side being at
the keys.

In the one I had, you had to remove screws to remove screws. When you opened
the lid, you couldn't see the strings at all.  There were 1/4 moon panels
under each lid with lots of tiny screws.  I had to take these panel off
first to get access to the rest of the piano, moving back to front.

Hopefully you wont have the kind of pain in the neck that I did.

Good Luck,

Dave Streit
AAA Piano Service
Portland, OR