Glenn Gould's piano

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 20:03:45 -0600

Hi Todd,
             The first set of recordings was done on a Steinway D, the
second recordings weer done on a Yamaha CF which now resides in Roy Tompson
Hall Toronto.  Angela Hewitt has completed recording a CD of the variations
on the same piano to rave reviews in the London Times.  Far more lyrical IMHO.
His personal piano I think was a Chickering.
Roger

At 05:50 PM 16/09/00 -0500, you wrote:
>List,
>
>Does anyone know what brand piano Glenn Gould plays?  I just got his CD
>of Bach's Goldberg Variations, and was curious what he plays.  It doesn't
>sound like a Steinway to me,  I'm leaning toward Yamaha.  Anybody know?
>
>Todd L. Mapes
>PTG Associate Member
>Fort Smith, AR
>Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!