grey market pianos

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 23:39:00 -0400

fellow techs, It was with interest that I read Yamahas warnings about =
the grey market pianos being imported to the United States . (PTJ)   I =
have the utmost respect for Yamaha products, and have always had =
cooperation and support from all the tech reps ,  but I just cant find =
any differences with these pianos from the models Ive been servicing for =
years. Are their comments possibly a reaction to market loss from the =
dealers? Years ago ,in response to a question about contruction of =
yamaha pianos for our varied climate i.e. phoenix  vs. houston, I was =
told that yamahas were constructed to accept all climates , any way ,any =
comments?  <  Thanks Tom Driscoll >