Pinblock Repair/Drill Press

Carol Beigel carolrpt@hotmail.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:37:07 EDT

Since this is only a square grand, not some concert instrument that will
receive constant tuning and playing,
why not just save yourself some trouble and epoxy in the new tuning pins.
If there are cracks in the pinblock, the epoxy will repair them.  The
problem with using plugs can be that the plugs come loose - especially if
the plugs are a different wood than the pinblock. I must admit that I have
had more success with epoxy than with plugs.

Carol Beigel