Status on my health since missing Arlington.

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:09:06 -0400

Dear Will,

Thanks for the update on your health situation.  I had no idea it was as
severe as it was, but I'm thankful you've been fortunate enough to have a
thorough recovery.  It's interesting that your infection came from the Far
East.  I saw a TV program just last night on bacteria, molds, virus and
disease strains that have been preserved in mummified remains from thousands
of years ago, and how easily those and similar things can and are spread
from place to place.  It's all quite fascinating, although not much fun when
it hits so close to home.  Anyway, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Yes, we missed you at the National Convention.  Dave did a fine job of
filling in for you, but it's always good to see you too.

Sounds like you're planning to make a change in your class formats for the
next convention.  I like the topics you've chosen, although I do have a soft
spot for belly type work.  I can imagine that it's good to have a change of
pace from time to time as well, just to keep things fresh and new.  I look
forward to both your pinblock class, and Dave's bridge class.   Knowing your
aspirations to the highest quality, I know they'll be good.

If you've cut your hours down to 50 - 55,  I hate to ask how many you used
to work!  That's still more than many people work.  It's certainly no wonder
you dream of pianos, and I admire your love of your work.  It shows in your
words and deeds.

You wrote:  "Thanks for your concern & friendship."   Likewise, my friend.
Thank you for your concern for those around you, and your friendship as
well.  The world is a better place because you're here.

Be well, my friend.  See ya soon.

Best wishes,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA