mic strings first

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:30:13 -0400

Hi Newton,

You wrote:
<snip> It makes
> sense to mark left to right because that is the way some
> people read (not me) and because that is the normal way to
> string (me too).

When you say string from left to right...  I never really gave it much
thought.  Do some people string from tenor to treble?  I always start at #88
and work my way down.  Seems to fit my style.  It's also easy for me to get
the coils nice while I go, while I have all of the room on the left side to
work.  (I know, some people just slap it all in there and then make it neat.
I like to make it neat as I go.  Just suits me better.)

Just wondered how others are doing it.?

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net

P.S.  FWIW,  I saw your post about somebody 'leaving' New Jersey...  I'm
fascinated with population density.  I had figured out a few years back,
that New Jersey was the most densely populated state, at something like 1029
people per square mile.  And I think those numbers were from 1990.  (Just
numbers extrapolated from my old road atlas.)  Dang, that's a lot of people!
I think if I drew a circle around me that was one square mile, there might
be about 25 people, maximum, or as little as 10, depending upon where I was
in the circle.