The Siena Pianoforte

Michael G. Kramer yisuhin@mediaone.net
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:54:03 -0700

I have been given the task of relocating the Siena Pianoforte.
Does anyone here know its present whereabouts?
Avner Carmi the owner (creator?) died in 1980 feb, possibly in
asia,after living in Petah Tikva, Israel and Queens, New York.

Any guidance in my research as to its present whereabouts would be most
appreciated.

Who examined it to judge that it was intentionally divested of all but
one string from each course to create the antique sound? Ive heard this
but forgot the source?

The alternative view that an older mechanism was set into the newer
case, striking the harp in a wholly wrong position yeilding the odd
timbre is also interesting.

Thanks for reading this.

Michael G. Kramer
Clavichoral