Identification

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 08:15:48 -0400

Tony  < Had the same problem ,as Im sure we all have> Somewhere you may =
find a penciled date> Sides of #1 or 2 or #88 key > On action ,perhaps =
on one of the rails>  Found date recently in action cavity to right of =
damper action. Bet its there somewhere. Good luck> <Tom Driscoll>
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tony Caught=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, September 22, 2000 7:22 AM
  Subject: Identification

  Hi List

  A client wants to recon. an old grand piano, the name Jos. Belohavek. =
Its old, about 1880 would be my guess.  The only number I can find on =
the piano is 3. That is on the tuning plank, in the treble,on the back =
(string side).
  It would appear that the lady owner got married whilst this piano was =
played thus sentimental value.

  Any information would be a help.

  Thanks

  Tony Caught ICPTG