Jesse French Piano Manu. Sales Tool - a story.

Douglasmahard@AOL.COM Douglasmahard@AOL.COM
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:03:59 EDT

Hi List:
A customer of mine whose father once had a small music store sold Jesse
French pianos.  After finishing my work on his piano he told me he had
something to show me.  He presented me with a small case, 9"x 5"x 2", covered
in brown snake skin naugahyde with a gold latch/lock set.  Inside the velvet
lined case was a 3-D viewer with 10 color slides taken at the Jesse French
factory in New Castle, Indiana.  Also included were 7 color slides of their
product line, plus an explanation sheet listing the description for each
slide.  The store owner had written down the prices next to the description
of the pianos, $820 to $1,715 for Mahogany 5' 2" grand.

There is an aerial photo of the factory with cars in the lot that look to be
1920-30's.  Other factory shots show how curved panels are molded, stringing
operation, filing hammers, back construction... all sorts of people clearly
visible in almost every factory shot including some women on the line.  Each
picture is incredibly clear and the whole package has more quality in it then
Jesse ever put in their pianos.  This thing is really cool.  The owner let me
borrow it so I could bring it to the next CT chapter meeting for show and
tell :)

Doug Mahard