Meantone Wurlitzer

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:40:37 -0400

I finally took the plunge.

Did some floor tunings yesterday and nominated a new Wurlizer Grand(C-153)
to be my first victim in experimenting with HT's.

I used the chart in the back of the Sanderson Book as my guide.

After I was done, I asked one of the owners(who plays ok) to play
something..I couldn't be objective enough to make a sound opinion of my own
tuning..I asked her to play anything from Beethoven..she went right into
Moonlight Sonata......she wasn't sure what she was hearing, but she liked
it..when she asked me what I did, I went into a breif explaination of
HT's..she never knew they existed and didn't really know what "Well-Tempered
Clavier" meant until yesterday.

For a floor tuning, it took me awhile, as it does anything I do for the
first time in this business..but the result was ok.

Rook