Appraisal help

PDtek@AOL.COM PDtek@AOL.COM
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:12:59 EDT

A small town nearby has a historical museum complete with historical piano.
They want to know what the value of it is and I'm not sure on this one.

It is a George Steck grand ser. # 16096 which according to the atlas, makes
it about 1892 manufacture. It is very fancy, turned legs, carvings around
case, cut out design in music rack. The finish is in fair condition. I didn't
measure it but it looks about seven foot. It has been restrung and needs
restrung again. The soundboard has two long gaping cracks. The action is a
mess. This piano has been neglected for many years. The only high point is
the ivories. They are perfect. Not a chip or crack anywhere. But it LOOKS
good in their restored home of long past.

Does anyone have an approximate value for this piano?

Thanks

Dave Bunch