Teflon spray

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:11:24 EDT

In a message dated 09/27/2000 2:46:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
foxmeadow@juno.com writes:

<< List,

 Thanks for all the good tips.  I went by Lowe's (I was in the
 neighborhood) and looked for Elmer's Slide-all, but they didn't carry it.
  However, they did carry "Super Lube"  (See www.super-lube.com) that is
 labeled as "multi-purpose synthetic lubricant with Syncolon (PTFE)"  So,
 syncolon is their trade name for teflon.  Anyway, the back of the label
 says it is approved for use in federally inspected meat and poultry
 plants, and is safe on toys, doesn't contain petroleum oils.  So, I think
 this is probably going to be safe on a piano.  If anyone has any
 information contrary to that, I'd appreciate it.  Otherwise, I guess this
 topic is closed.

 Todd

Look for Elmers Slide-all in your local department store where you find the
A1 oil. They are used for squeaky drawers, etc. I have also found it at Coast
to Coast.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR