Jesse French Piano Manu. Sales Tool - a story.

Laura Olsen laura257@chicagonet.net
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:36:27 -0500

Dear Doug,
I have a customer who's Mother was Jesse French's daughter.  He recently
showed me a newspaper article about his family visiting the old factory in
New Castle.  She spent a lot of time in the factory.  Maybe he or she could
help?

Laura Olsen, RPT
Team2001 Institute Director
44th Annual PTG Convention & Institute
July 11-15, 2001
Reno, Nevada

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Douglasmahard@AOL.COM
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 7:02 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Jesse French Piano Manu. Sales Tool - a story.

Dear Paul, Newton, Clyde, and Susan:

I will do my best to get these slides scanned so I can post them on the
list.

I'm going to ask the customer if he would be willing to donate the item to
the PTG Museum.  If that doesn't work I'll offer to buy it from him and
donate it myself.

Give me a week or two to find somebody to scan them in for me.

Everybody I show this thing to flips out and they're just neighbors or
people
stopping by.  This thing is going to be a hoot at the next chapter meeting.
The definition is incredible on the slides.  If somebody knew any body that
worked at Jesse French at the time the pictures were taken they would be
able
to identify them - even the people standing in back of the room; and it's a
long room.

The veneer press photo looks like something out of Young Frankstein.  There
is this huge box behind the press with gauges and dials.  Some photos show a
beautiful summer day out the windows and another the trees are covered in
snow.

Later,

Doug Mahard