Spring steel

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:47:15 -0700

Hi David,

I see you got through some of the messages...;-].  All the other springs are
perfect and ended up making the one I needed with piano wire.  It looks
nearly identical.

Welcome to the List.

David I.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of David Love
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 9:05 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Spring steel

Get the replacement springs from Steinway (PN 8643, $10.00 for a set).  Pull
out the old wire, drill out the old plug that secures the wire, insert the
new wire and plug it with a round toothpick--trimmig off the excess.  Check
the tension for uniformity with the other springs (there are more problems
if there is too much tension than too little).

David Love