Aural?

Mitch Ruth mitch_ruth@hotmail.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:17:16 EDT

Kristinn,

I am an aural tuner, however I use a little box with a needle on it to set
the first pitch (I always hated smacking a tuning fork on my leg).  I leave
the box there and from time to time as I tune I look up to see if it (the
box) is registering correctly. ;-)

If I start messing with the HTs I will invest in a good ETD.  The closest I
get to a concert tuning is the local churches, so if I like the tuning,
usually the customer likes the tuning.  I don't really count beats, I just
know what sounds good.  I guess the 7 years I spent tuning tubas to flutes
in everything from heat waves to snowstorms has served me well.

PS I am impressed with your command of King James' English...

Mitch Ruth
DeMossville, KY

"To err is human. To really screw things up, use a computer."