Aural?

Michel Lachance michel_lachance@hotmail.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:02:08 EDT

>I know some people here tune aurally and others have ETDīs, some even tune
>orally.

I get to meet some customers once in a while who tune that way, trying to
sing or whistle the note I am tuning.  They are so precise that neither my
experienced ears nor my ultimate ETD get even close to the oral frequencies
I hear.  In these cases, I would certainly take patience pills aurally,
oups, orally...

>And the ones that use ETDīs, did you work as aural tuners first?

>From what I know, most of the visual tuners in North America started as
aural tuners as everyone is encouraged to learn to tune aurally first, no
matter which technique they would use later.  I was told also that in Japan,
they do things the other way around: tuners start learning with a machine
first and get rid of it when they reach a professional level.

Michel Lachance, RPT