Days

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 07:05:14 -0500

Richard:

Our days have so much variety.  That's what makes this business so good and bad.  Yesterday I spent the morning working on a nice Steinway B here in my shop at the school.  While doing that I had a nice conversation with an adjunct faculty member about his 1st place finish last week in the Leeds Piano Competition.  The afternoon found me under the keyboard of an extremely dusty Cable spinet removing a hammer butt to replace the hammer shank.  I also got to tune it for the first time since 1990.  Lovely afternoon.

dave

On 9/28/00 at 4:01 PM Richard Brekne wrote:

>Had the pleasure of running into my first Yamaha U5 today. What a nice
>piano :) Had a great time tuning and tweaking to see what I could get out
>of it. Seemed like a really nice scale, and the bass was just beautiful for
>an upright. Beautiful case work as well.
>
>Well, well... I should have such days all the time..grin
>
>--
>Richard Brekne
>RPT, N.P.T.F.
>Bergen, Norway