Teflon and polymer fume fever

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:26:56 +0100

This may have been discuss on the list before and I just missed it....

I was using some fine Teflon power the other day and started to get
light heeded and sneezing it has never bothered me before the same
happened today on a different piano, it may be just a coincidence and I
could just be coming down with the dreaded lurg. (Flu)  So I had a look
for Symptoms caused by Teflon all I could find was

http://www.haz-map.com/inhalati.htm

Teflon Dry Lube Material Safety Data Sheet
http://www.pai-net.com/msds/tefdry.html

WHAT IS TEFLON?
http://crystal.biol.csufresno.edu:8080/projects/94.html

I am aware that the problem caused on the sites above are due to over
exposure to fumes when heated.  However, since the product we use is
micro fine and could get into the lounges quite easy anyone know of any
other health problems.

I guess technology will kill us in the end no matter what prevention's
we take

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton               Ý The U.K. Piano Page ©
http://www.a440.co.uk       Ý http://www.uk-piano.org/