Aural?

RustRazor@AOL.COM RustRazor@AOL.COM
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:02:31 EDT

My 2 cents:

I started out with a junkie PT100 and moved up to a SAT II when I couldn't
take it anymore.  With the SAT, I was really able to hone my aural skills,
and, for a time, I  then did all my tunings aurally.  Now I do a first pass
with the SAT using temp. strips and check all the intervals afterwards by
ear.  There is ALWAYS stuff to fix.  I've had other tuners crow to me about
how great the RCT, etc. is, but I'm of the opinion that there will always be
adjustments that need to be made no matter what the ETD.  I find the scope to
be 80-90% accurate and it shaves about 15-20 min of my tuning time.

Matt Wynne, NY