Days

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 23:27:13 EDT

<< In a message dated 9/28/00 10:25:43 AM Central Daylight Time,
 dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu writes:

 << Our days have so much variety.  That's what makes this business so good
 and bad.  Yesterday I spent the morning working on a nice Steinway B here in
 my shop at the school.  While doing that I had a nice conversation with an
 adjunct faculty member about his 1st place finish last week in the Leeds
 Piano Competition.  The afternoon found me under the keyboard of an
extremely
 dusty Cable spinet removing a hammer butt to replace the hammer shank.  I
 also got to tune it for the first time since 1990.  Lovely afternoon.

  dave

That latter has been most of my week. Monday I worked all day regulating
dampers on a Acrosonic spinet. It really needs new damper but I got them
working very good with only minimal overtones ringing.Then yesterday I
serviced a regular customer's Acrosonic, exactly like the one before (as you
know, Acrosonic styles vary), and it had worse damper problems than the
previous one. Is this coincidence, or a pattern starting? This time I sold a
damper replacement job. Drad! I guess I will have to regulate the new dampers
too!

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR