felt knuckles????

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 01:21:48 -0700

You will find this #%*&!! on a lot of Aeolian "pianers" from the 70's era.
I've seen several Knabes and Mason & Hamlins from that era with it.  I
particularly like how they colored it to look like buckskin so that nobody
would notice, (ha ha).  Regulating one of these is futile and forget about
repetition.  Whoever came up with that idea must have been buddies with the
guy at Baldwin who decided that corfam was a good material for upright hammer
butts.  The guy who invented the "New Coke" formula was probably his room
mate.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV