Agraffes / prssure bars

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 13:43:02 -0500

>> >...What's the difference between pressure bars and agraffes? I know what
>they
>> >are, but I don't know which system is better and why.
>> >Calin
>>
>> Some subjective differences from my point of view:
>> 1) cost
>> 2) quality of termination points for speaking length
>> 3) spacing
>> 4) appearance
>
>You mean these advantages are provided by agraffes, not by pressure bars?
>Calin

I indicated these are subjective differences from my point of view between
agraffes and pressure bars where applicable, Calin.  However, I personally
wouldn't hesitate to consider agraffes in the bass and tenor sections on
grand pianos as more advantageous than pressure bars.

If you want scientific reasons, I'm not the guy to ask.  I just trust the
majority of manufacturers that build them that way, and the years that I've
spent tuning the ones that they build.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731