Ear plugs

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 23:25:00 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/2000 7:50:51 PM, Terry wrote:

<<"What makes that one or two notes

pierce your ears so much more that others?">>

Terry;
 The ear piercing note(s) are different for each of us. The ear canal and
auditory structure is different for everyone and although we all hear the
same things we hear them in different manners. The notes that stand out in
the 'typical' scale for me are typically A#6 and B6. All structures have a
"resonant" frequency and yours just happens to be F/G5 range. Next time you
get a cold check and see if this "resonant" range changes on you. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)